JONES’EN BBQ WINGS
The inspiration for these wings came to me one day when I was staying on my uncle’s farm.
One morning, I was abruptly awakened at 4am by a screaming rooster. Instantly, I had visions of firing up the bbq pit and tossing that bird on there. All of a sudden I had a taste for some chicken wings – but not just any chicken wings – JONES’EN BBQ CHICKEN WINGS!
Awaken your taste buds like a farmhouse alarm clock!
THE 3 B’s [BRINE, BOIL, BBQ]
- 2 LB chicken wings
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 oz. Jones’en BBQ Sauce
- 3 Tb brown sugar
- 1 Tsp. black pepper
- 3 T BBQ spice
- 1 T kosher salt
- 6 oz. Jones’en BBQ Sauce
- Cilantro and scallion (minced), garnish
***Like it spicy? (add 1tsp chipotle powder and 3T prepared Sriracha chili)
- In a large mixing bowl, toss wings in water, onion, garlic, 4 oz. Jones’en BBQ sauce, brown sugar, black peppers, BBQ spice, and kosher salt. Cover and marinate for at least 4hrs.
- Pour chicken wings into a large pot and boil over medium-high heat for 20 minutes.
- Prepare outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Strain and toss with 6oz Jones’en BBQ Sauce. Toss wings on a preheated grill and sear until caramelized and delicious, 5 minutes each side.
- Give final glaze of Jones’en BBQ Sauce and garnish with fresh cilantro and scallions
4 hr 25 min