BBQ PULLED MUSHROOM SANDWICH
No man left behind! To meat or not too meat? That is the question!
So many in the barbecue world forget those green-thumbed herbivores. Just because you don’t eat meat doesn’t mean you can’t become addicted to the best – you know, the robust flavor of our JONES’EN BBQ SAUCE.
This recipe came to me when I was slamming down on a pound of pulled pork at a greasy BBQ joint. I looked across the room and saw that one vegetarian in a group of meat smashing cavemen eating a salad because there weren’t any veggie options on the menu. A little tear rolled down my ‘Que covered cheek, and I vowed never to forget the vegetabley-inclined.
- 1-1/2 cup sliced mushroom
- 1/4 cup red onion, (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers
- 1 clove garlic (minced).
- 6 oz. Jones’en BBQ Sauce
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Brioche bun
- Garlic butter
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Fold together mushroom, onion, bell peppers, garlic, Jones’en BBQ Sauce, salt and pepper. Pour onto a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and caramelized.
- Brush brioche bun with garlic butter and set aside.
- While oven is still hot, toast brioche bun.
- Assemble and enjoy!